Beer is always a good choice in particular if you drink it in moderation and couple it with frequent exercise and a well-balanced diet. This beverage is not only the perfect chaser beside your dinner and helps you in the process of cooking (inspire you while you drink it before baking something tasty) its aromas and features make the dishes even more delicious.
Behind water and tea, beer is the third most favored drink in the world and the first alcoholic beverage on this list. A couple of hundred years ago it was more secure to drink beer than running water due to the fact that for brewing the water was boiled (and sterilized because of that). Of course, excessive consumption of alcohol is bad for your physical and mental health but as studies have shown, drinking a small amount of it regularly can ameliorate your health conditions.
“In moderation, it’s part of a wholesome diet” says Charlie Bamforth, chair and professor of the department of food science and technology at the University of California.
Let’s see the positive physical impacts of beer in outline:
- rich in antioxidants
- its diuretic effects prevent kidney stone formation (in two European countries you can get beer for prescription: in Poland and in the Czech Republic the social insurance pays your beer if you suffer from kidney stones)
- protects your heart (Italian studies stated that moderate beer drinkers had a 42 percent lower risk of heart disease in comparison to non-drinkers.)
- lovers the level of LDL cholesterol that thickens arteries, and also reduces cholesterol in the liver
- tranquilizer: hops help you to relax and slow your nervous system and beat insomnia
- high in B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and H vitamins
- contains a notable amount of mineral content (Cu, Fe, Zn, Ph, Mg)
- protects against viral infections
- stimulates the immune system
- source of silicon that supports the health of bones and prevents or delays osteoporosis
- reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis
- relaxes tension and slows the brain’s processing of panic signals so basically helps with the fear of social situations
- boosts creativity
Remember the golden rule: in case of modest drinking, beer can affect your health in a positive way. Cheers!